The Need-to-Knows About Golf Cart Rentals in Peachtree City
Charm. Adventure. Freedom. The draw of a golf cart is, by itself, undeniable, but when the idea of developing an entire city around it becomes reality, it creates a one-of-a-kind spectacle destined to arouse the interest of many. Visitors flock to experience the wonder of Peachtree City, and golf cart rentals is by far the best route to enhanced enjoyment while visiting.
Golf cart rentals have become a growing trend in The Bubble, but in some cases, the unknown regarding who, what, when, where, and why while operating restricts people from maximizing the experience. Hesitant on carting etiquette? Here are some common misconceptions and tips for making your next outing a success.
Who is Allowed to Operate a Golf Cart?
Carting rules and regulations are similar to “real-world” driving rules and regulations. There is a slight twist, so let’s set the record straight: Who exactly IS allowed to drive??
- Anyone age 12-15 without a learner’s permit accompanied by a licensed driver 18 or older, parent, or guardian
- Anyone age 15 with a valid learner’s permit can ride solo, with one unrelated passenger 15 or older, or 3 immediate family members
- Anyone age 16 or older unless the individual has had their license suspended or revoked by the state
What do You Need for Golf Cart Rentals and What Type is Right For You?
It’s nice to have options, but the best way to address and satisfy your specific needs is to ask a few questions: How big is my crowd? Do I forecast long or short drives? Do I have access to power where I’m staying? Simple questions, yes. Imperative? Absolutely! Take a look at some key pros and cons between electric and gas carts to help get you started:
|ELECTRIC (PROS)||GAS (PROS)|
|No Emissions||No Charging Needed|
|ELECTRIC (CONS)||GAS (CONS)|
|1.5 to 2 Hours Consistent Drive Time||Emissions|
|Minimum 8-Hour Recharge Time||Higher Decibel Output Than Electric|
The process of securing a rental for your next outing is as easy as 1-2-3! Before arriving to pick up a rental, be prepared with the following:
- Must be 21 or older with a valid driver’s license; international licenses are accepted
- A major credit card
- A positive attitude
When Should You Begin Planning for Golf Cart Rentals?
Rental season is year-round, but availability spikes or shrinks depending on the relative closeness to major holidays. In anticipation of July 4th, it’s best to reserve a cart for your family typically towards the end of April. With rentals being in such high demand this time of year, availability begins to dwindle 2 weeks leading up to the holiday. Halloween is another holiday to be mindful of, and as you can imagine, Summer tends to be a “HOT” time of year to rent as well (pun intended)!
Where can You Operate a Golf Cart?
Nearly all of Peachtree City is accessible by golf cart, however, there are a few limitations in place that may require you to adjust course. In order to avoid confusion, here are some key rules to observe while riding:
- Use of parallel city streets is permitted unless paths exists. In that case, paths must be used
- Golf carts are not permitted on streets with a speed limit over 35 mph. Except as prohibited below, golf carts may cross streets with a limit greater than 35 mph
- NO CARTS ON OR ACROSS HWY 54, HWY 74, PEACHTREE PKWY, OR CROSSTOWN RD EXCEPT VIA TUNNELS, BRIDGES, OR AUTHORIZED CROSSINGS
Maps of the path system are readily available upon rental, and we are happy to help guide you to your first destination. If you’re comfortable with using smart phones, a great way to highlight your route is to open Google Maps and convert your mode of transportation to “Biking Mode”. This will highlight the map almost flawlessly!
And Finally…Why Rent?
The experience. Period. Driving a car around to enjoy the scenery as opposed to a golf cart is somewhat lackluster. Uncover the beauty of Peachtree City by exploring the sections of town inaccessible by a conventional car. You’ll thank us later!