Golf Cart Rentals in Peachtree CityAugust 17, 2017
Y’all be Careful Now, Y’Hear!
A Comprehensive Destination for All Things Golf Cart Safety
Hello, and welcome to The Golf Rider Safety Board! As a continuance to Peachtree City’s First Ever Golf Cart Safety Open Forum held October 2017, we insisted on dedicating a place for maintaining the progress of our ongoing effort to combat the common issues associated with golf cart incidences. Here it is! You will find the format to be in a non-traditional notebook-style format, so feel free to browse through the content and let us know what you think!
(General Template Courtesy of E-Z-GO)
- Before operating any golf cart, read all warning labels and the owner’s manual.
- Except where permitted by law, NEVER drive on public roads.
- Operators should have a valid driver’s license or should be accompanied by a licensed driver.
- Do not operate any golf cart unless all occupants are properly seated and holding on. Driver and passengers must keep entire body inside vehicle while moving.
- Always drive slowly in congested areas, on wet or loose terrain, and when backing up.
- Drive slowly when turning and avoid sudden stops.
- ALWAYS drive straight up and down slopes.
- Do not coast! use brake when going down a slope.
- Always fully engage parking brake and remove the key BEFORE leaving the vehicle. In an electric vehicle, set the direction selector to “neutral.” In a gasoline-powered vehicle, set the selector to “forward.”
- ALWAYS bring vehicle to a complete stop BEFORE shifting the direction selector.
- To safely start a golf cart, turn the key to “on” – select “forward” or “reverse” – release the parking brake – then SLOWLY depress the accelerator pedal.
- NEVER drive any vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- NEVER leave children unattended or allow children to play on the vehicle.
- NEVER carry more than two (2) occupants on each bench seat.
- Do not exceed weight capacity stated in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- NEVER alter a vehicle to increase travel speeds above factory specifications.
- ONLY authorized dealers should alter the vehicle using approved parts. Alterations not approved or tested by the manufacturer can create unsafe conditions and increase your chance of having an accident.
- Vehicles require regularly scheduled maintenance. See the owner’s manual for maintenance details. ONLY qualified professionals should service a vehicle.
- State law or local rules may require additional equipment before a vehicle can be operated in your community.
GOLF RIDER SAFETY FORUM
Golf Rider Golf Cart Safety Open Forum
Please forgive our technical difficulties. Audio kicks in at about 19:58. Please give it a listen. There were many good ideas shared tonight at the Golf Rider Golf Cart Safety Open Forum. The forum included local officials and experts discussing safety issues associated with golf carts in Peachtree City. Your participation and questions via comments on the broadcast is encouraged. Help us bring awareness to this community issue by participating in this important conversation.
Posted by The Citizen on Tuesday, October 17, 2017
The Citizen Digital News Article